This tour is SOLD OUT
Welcome to our Dordogne tour, a brand new tour for 2022. This is a region that is rich in history, and visually breathtaking. The lush valleys, the rivers, small stone built villages and stunning gardens make every day a pleasure as we tour the region.
The Dordogne is a great gastronomical destination also. We’ll stay in a beautiful manor hotel, and enjoy our meals both at the hotel and in local restaurants along the way.
This tour has a special emphasis on gardens and garden design. The month of May is a special month for gardens, with roses in flower and the transition between Spring and Summer providing colourful landscapes for us to enjoy. Dordogne boasts several of France’s best know gardens, and we will be able to enjoy private tours with owners as well as having time to wander on our own. We will include the famous gardens of Erygnac and Marqueyssac, but also some lesser known and charming properties.
Of course no MFCH Tour is complete without time to buy antiques. We’ll stop at small quaint boutiques, and also hit a couple of small fairs.
Besides enjoying great food in restaurants, we have a half day cooking lesson with a local chef who will share his secrets with us.
Travel will be at all times in our air conditioned chauffeured vehicles. The MFCH chauffeurs are known for their good humour, their charming smiles and their care and helpfulness. The Dordogne is a long way south west of Paris, so we have chosen to include in the price of the tour, your 1st class train ticket from Paris to Bordeaux. You’ll travel with Natalie and Stephanie who are part of the MFCH Team, and our chauffeurs will be waiting for you at the station, ready to help with baggage and whisk you off for the start of the tour.
We are very excited about this new destination, and we look forward to hosting you next May!
May 17-22, 2022
Included in the tour price:
– transport in a chauffeur driven vehicle for the entire tour
– 1st class travel by train from Paris to Bordeaux for the start of the tour
– accommodation in a luxury manor home . Each guest will have their own room and bathroom.
– all meals during the tour
– private chateaux and garden visits
– antique buying trips
– assistance with translating at any point during the trip
– complimentary 1 year digital subscription to My French Country Home Magazine and a special welcome gift
Not included in the tour price:
– transport to and from Paris from your home
– purchases or shipping of purchases
The tour is 6800€ for your own room with ensuite bathroom, or 6500€ per person for shared accommodation with your travel companion.