buying gifts for daughters

by Sharon Santoni

I think we empty nesters all get nostalgic now and again for the days when our family was young and our kids were little.     Of course there were the tiring moments too …. but oh! the fun …. the tenderness …. the cosiness of raising a young noisy, happy family.

I wonder how you remember those times?

There are several things that stand out in my mind as particularly good.    Long school holidays; big happy family meals; children running around barefoot; scatty dogs;  birthday parties; sleepovers …. and so much more.

I loved accompanying them to their sports events; I loved getting involved in the schools;   I loved baking endless chocolate cakes for tea;  I loved buying their gifts , especially the Christmas stockings.

And that is why I wanted to create our Daughter boxes at this time of year.   It is one of the boxes that we offer at My Stylish French Box, but this one is curated with my grown up daughters, and late-teen nieces in mind.

contents of my stylish french box daughter edition

It can be complicated buying for our teenager and grown-up girls.    I personally never get it right when I try to buy them clothes, but I have noticed that accessories and beauty products always go down well.

So if you are looking for special gifts for the young women in your life, you may like to know that we are offering our Daughter Box, which will be delivered at the same time as our next regular box, during the second half of November.  It is of course very French, very stylish and absolutely gorgeous.    I won’t tell you more here, but if you want to read all the details then click HERE, and if you want to go ahead and purchase one for each of the young women in your life, then click HERE.

And if you’d like to order our regular November box for yourself or for someone special, then I’m happy to say we still have a few left.   You can order that HERE.

10 comments

Bonnie Wood October 23, 2019 - 10:33 pm

I have one niece who is thru college ,and off on her own now. I send her a birthday card with a little money for whatever she needs. We have decided this year to scrap the Christmas presents, because there are so few family members left. No one needs anything!!! Love your stories. Keep them coming!!! Have a great Holiday season!!!!

Ida Duplechin October 23, 2019 - 10:51 pm

How wonderful. No daughters and no family members left to gift. Love the stories and creativity.

Bronwyn Lee-Coward October 24, 2019 - 1:45 am

My biggest regret is that I never had a daughter, one son and now one beautiful grandson, he is 6 years old my daughter-in-law is very distant and not interested in doing “stuff” with me, never has and they have been together since high school. So my friends daughters fill the big gap of no daughters and I am so pleased that they do. Maybe if I live long enough I may get a great grand-daughter, oh that would be bliss.

Rita Prangle October 24, 2019 - 1:59 am

Bronwyn, I have the same situation with my DIL. Just as you said, very distant from day one. I don’t know if it would ever be possible to overcome that. I see my son and granddaughter less as a result, and it’s a deep hurt.

Bronwyn Lee-Coward October 25, 2019 - 12:12 pm

Thank you Rita for your kind words and thoughts, I hope your situation gets a little bit easier as your granddaughter gets older. The good thing about mobile phones is that you can always send her a message.

Taste of France October 24, 2019 - 9:44 am

You are spot-on with a cloth tote and zippered bags–young women seem to never have enough of them.

Donna October 24, 2019 - 4:34 pm

My nieces don’t appreciate gifts…no thank you cards.its such a small effort that means alot. That is how you grew up. I’ve given them items I was sure they’d like. I gave up and the family decided no more gifts…much less stressful that way.

Susan October 28, 2019 - 9:59 am

This looks perfect for my daughter who is in college right now. 🙂

Emma August 16, 2020 - 7:53 pm

Hi, thank you for your ideas. I think this year also try the site https://www.gs-jj.com/patches/Custom-Patches which offers to make custom patches. She often covers her backpack with such things and I think that she will be happy with the new and unique patches

Elisabeth August 24, 2020 - 12:13 pm

You can make a more individual gift for your daughter. For example, clothing with a print that will appeal to her. It could be something she loves very much, or just your surprise, there are good T-shirt printing companies here https://mediaonemarketing.com.sg/top-t-shirt-printing-services-singapore/ who will fulfill any of your wishes and do a good job