I am very excited about getting back to Chatou next week. As you may have gathered, this is absolutely my favourite antique and brocante fair of the year, or rather twice of the year, since it runs in March and in September.
Chatou is the reason that I time my brocante tour and my Luxury lifestyle tour at the end of September, since we spend a whole day here on each tour. And one year I even had the opportunity to make a video about the fair, which remains one of my favourite videos on our YouTube channel. You can see it again at the end of this post.
But this year, we have a special reason to be excited. I am thrilled to tell you that the Chatou fair is awarding a prize to My French Country Home! I was so surprised when the email came in a couple of months ago, and in fact I even called them to ask it they had made a mistake! But they answered very kindly that the St Roch Prize is awarded to someone who has made a special effort to promote French antique dealers …. so I guess we fit that description, and I am very grateful and honoured.
So here are ten reasons why I love Chatou, and of course if you have been to the fair at Chatou I’d love to hear from you , and hear why you enjoy it too!
- Chatou is so close to Paris, and so easy to get to
- At Chatou there is such a huge selection of vendors
- I can find so much! From a tiny objet to a full size piece of furniture or a divine painting…
- At Chatou there are so many places to stop for a coffee… or for lunch … or for a glass of champagne
- If I buy something huge it’s easy to arrange shipping
- It lasts for 10 days so if I want to go back and see it all again I can
- I love to chat with the antique dealers
- The vendors go to so much trouble to make their stands stunning , and they turn up with their dogs too!
- On week days it’s less busy and we can take our time
- The vendors come from all over France with their best pieces to show
Who knows maybe I’ll see you there!